Those attending from other countries will need to make flight bookings and obtain valid passports and visas before their registration can be processed. Please make all arrangements as soon as possible.
Downloadable PDF Forms
View: Guide to Completing Registration Form
Close: Guide to Completing Registration Form
Please be sure to complete the form FULLY. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
Filling the form:
- Personal details of each person to be entered. Please check that all fields are completed.
- Accommodation type: Nominate your preferred type of accommodation (hotel, dharmashala, etc), and the details of your group. Please note that while every effort will be made to provide your preferred accommodation, this may not always be possible.
- For Hotel Bookings: Write your name and place, room type requested, the number of people and arrival/departure information.
- Travel plans and arrival/departure information: this information must be provided on your Registration Form, to confirm your Registration. It is necessary to finalize your travel plans before submitting your Registration Form.
- Meal Coupons:
- All delegates need to purchase food coupons for the days they will be attending the Convention. Meal coupons are available from 22nd—27th October.
- Write your name and place, and fill in the number of people, the number of days for which you will need meals, and the amount you are sending.
- Souvenir (optional): Special texts will be released as commemorative souvenirs during the Convention. The souvenirs can be ordered through the Registration form, for Rs.300/- per person.
- Registration Fee: A fee of Rs.50/- per person is required to be submitted along with your Registration Form.
Registration submission checklist:
A fee of Rs.50/- per person is required to be submitted along with your Registration Form. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Vegetarian meals will be provided through a system of food coupons for a reimbursement of Rs.150/- per person per day. Food coupons can be ordered through the Registration Form.
Over 20,000 delegates are expected to attend the Convention and most people will need to stay in local accommodation, such as hotels, dharmashalas and dormitories.
Everyone, including those coming from overseas, must nominate a preferred type of local accommodation on their Registration Form, namely hotel, dharmashala, classroom or hall, or tent.
The Convention Committee will try to provide delegates with their preferred accommodation, however this may not always be possible.
After we have acknowledged the receipt of your Registration Form, we will send you an Accommodation Booking Form with your allocated accommodation and the applicable accommodation reimbursement. Your accommodation booking will be confirmed only after receipt of your Accommodation Booking Form and payment in full. Please note that all Convention fees and reimbursements are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Accommodation in the Ashram – Overseas Delegates
Every effort will be made to accommodate overseas delegates in the ashram. However, this may not always be possible, therefore overseas delegates should also nominate a preferred type of local accommodation on their Registration Form.
No charges are applicable for those accommodated at Ganga Darshan. You may give donations towards the upkeep of the ashram at the Ganga Darshan Office.
Be prepared for shared accommodation in ashram halls and classrooms, with separate facilities for males and females.
Special texts will be released as commemorative souvenirs during the Convention. They will be available in both Hindi and English.
The first is Tantra Darshan, a unique text by Swami Niranjan on the ageless system of tantra, in which he expounds on the philosophies, systems, principles and practices of the various tantric systems.
Tantra is a tradition with its roots in the dawn of time, when people first began to explore their experience of life and their true nature. Traditionally the teachings of tantra have been closely guarded and handed down by direct transmission from guru to disciple, with very little written about it. This groundbreaking text gives a clear exposition of the various systems for the first time and reveals aspects of this ancient knowledge that had become lost to humanity, including the little known Ganapati and Saurya Tantras.
This comprehensive encyclopaedia of tantra forms an invaluable resource for all those interested in this ancient and sacred fount of wisdom, and for those who wish to apply its teachings in their life.
The second commemorative souvenir text is a special Convention annexe, containing a collection of teachings from our gurus Sri Swami Sivananda, Sri Swami Satyananda, Swami Niranjan, other eminent sannyasins, and great spiritual and intellectual personalities from varied walks of life. This text embodies the wisdom and inspiration these great souls have come to share for the upliftment of all.
Carrying the messages and blessings of eminent spiritual personalities, as well as incisive articles detailing the role of yoga in health, education, and studies in pioneer research, the souvenir is an important record of this historic event in the evolution of spiritual life to be treasured by one and all.
The souvenirs can be ordered through the Registration Form, for a reimbursement of Rs.300/- per person.
In addition to registering for the Convention, all overseas delegates must complete Foreign Registration, as required by the local authorities.
This requirement applies to all those delegates who will enter India using a foreign passport (including OCI and PIO card holders).
We will email you asking to complete your Foreign Registration online, and giving all the necessary information. You will need to fill out the online form, and email us your passport and visa scans. Your registration for the Convention will not be complete until your online Foreign Registration is fully completed.
Guidelines to Note
- Minimum age – Only individuals 14 years or older may register for the Convention.
- Discipline – The directions of the World Yoga Convention 2013 organizing committee and its staff members must be followed in regard to safety and organizational issues.
- Audio/visual recording – Audio recording, video recording and photography are not permitted in the ashram or Convention premises.
- Property damage – If any property is damaged while at the Convention, compensation must be paid.
- Community space – The Convention space is common to all. It is a space to interact freely and create a safe and yogic environment for all participants. The World Yoga Convention 2013 organizing committee reserves the right to take any necessary steps to preserve the sanctity of the Convention.
- Mindful behaviour – No indecent or disrespectful behaviour or acts will be tolerated in the ashram or Convention premises.
- Drugs and alcohol – There is to be no consumption of alcohol or hallucinogenic drugs at the ashram or Convention premises.
- Firearms and weapons – No firearms or weapons will be permitted in the ashram or Convention premises.